The Alternative Times

Breaking news written by the ACE Journalism Class and our friends

Breaking News
  • May 17ACE Graduation - Class of 2024 - is at Broadview on Wednesday June 12th! Congratulations to the graduates.
  • September 22Follow us on X/TWITTER and get our articles first! @acealttimes

The Alternative Times

The Alternative Times

Elvis of ACE
Elvis of ACE
June 18, 2024
Gregs gym class stopping by a water well on one of many hiking adventures.
Greg's Gym Class
May 29, 2024
The day we show appreciation to the reason why were here today
Happy Mother's Day
May 21, 2024
Support Us
$260
$800
Contributed
Our Goal
Archives

Happy Mother’s Day

PAULINA SPLECHTA PHOTOGRAPHY LLC
The day we show appreciation to the reason why we’re here today

We all know and love Mother’s Day as the day we are able to take the time to appreciate the women who bring us into this world and do whatever it takes to see us happy. Being a mother is not easy, it takes nine months and so much energy to give us life. Our mothers deserve the world and more. For this we have a special day, May 12, to show our gratitude to the women that make us who we are.

Interviewing Rob, one of our loving teachers, he says, “Mother’s Day is an opportunity to celebrate my wife and also my daughter, which fills my heart with excitement seeing them feel needed and happy.” We show appreciation to the women who nurture their families, communities, and the places we feel safe in. Mothers get to feel special knowing their children and loved ones recognize and appreciate everything they do. 

Mother’s Day was created by a woman named Anna Jarvis which made the day an official holiday in 1914. Originally, Mother’s Day was a club to teach women how to properly care for children. Eventually, it turned into a movement for peace during the Civil War. Working conditions and sacrifices women were put through during these times needed to be recognized. Even today mothers still make many sacrifices for the good of their children and what they love. 

We celebrate Mother’s Day in many ways like a card, flowers, going out to eat, or even just a big hug.  John, the principal at ACE shares, “We have a tradition we do on Mother’s Day where we plant peppers and tomatoes.” Mothers continue their mother’s traditions to their kids and future generations.  We want to make sure our mothers feel loved because they are the reason why we are here today. Here at ACE, we have many students and teachers who enjoy making Mother’s Day special for their moms, wives, and even daughters. DJ, one of the counselors at ACE adds, “Mother’s Day highlights the role of mothers but it’s not the only day they are appreciated.”