The Alternative Times

Breaking news written by the ACE Journalism Class and our friends

Breaking News
  • May 17ACE Graduation - Class of 2024 - is at Broadview on Wednesday June 12th! Congratulations to the graduates.
  • September 22Follow us on X/TWITTER and get our articles first! @acealttimes

The Alternative Times

The Alternative Times

Elvis of ACE
Elvis of ACE
June 18, 2024
Gregs gym class stopping by a water well on one of many hiking adventures.
Greg's Gym Class
May 29, 2024
The day we show appreciation to the reason why were here today
Happy Mother's Day
May 21, 2024
Support Us
$260
$800
Contributed
Our Goal
Archives

Elvis of ACE

Elvis+of+ACE+
Elvis Sedeno
Elvis of ACE

Who is Elvis? Well to put it simply, it’s me.

Making art on the internet by the persona of Azooki has always been a passion of mine. When I was nine, I made animations on YouTube; now I’m 17 years old and I still aim on making more art for people and publishing it. I’ve had a long history at ACE going to events such as the first-ever Joe Pepin Day. And I’ve always put in the effort to try my best. I have done many different forms of art but to list some: Woodworking, Ceramics, Hairdressing, Sculpting, Graphic design, Web design, and performing at the coffee house.

From My Heart Collaborative Book

My art published in the From My Heart Book. (Elvis Sedeno)

I entered a submission to the “From My Heart” book from the Newtown and Danbury Rotary Club collaboration. I can be found on page 127 with my submission “New View”. I also attended the book launch dinner reception, where I got to meet the editors, and other students, and ate some good food!

The piece showcased was a small sketch I made to show my interest in the city and street art, and in general cool art with weird colors.

Sculpting at the Brookfield Craft Center

Sculpture was created during my time at the Brookfield Craft Center. (Elvis Sedeno)

I took a 12-week program where I learned woodworking and ceramics/sculpting at the Brookfield Craft Center. As someone who enjoys learning things, I had an engaging time where I could have space to flex my creativity.

I made this hand because I am someone who likes to make figures of people and as someone new to sculpting I wanted to try and capture my understanding of anatomy with this simple sculpture.

Web Design

Cyberpunk-themed web design.

About a month ago I started getting into computers and as a part of this, I’ve been interested in coding and web design. I’m currently working on writing a story for a video game, but to practice and to showcase my projects I made a website from scratch. 

Starting with a screen where you simply plug a USB into a computer using a robotic hand. As a fan of dystopian futures, and Cyberpunk settings, I made my website retro and simple, yet intriguing to navigate. As I work on more cyberpunk-themed works I plan on updating my page regularly to share my projects and art

ACE Coffee House Performance

Elvis and partner performing Flutter and the ACE Coffee House. (Joanne Tolles)

My partner Brianna and I were very nervous when I proposed the idea of performing at the ACE Coffee House. We had two weeks to put together our personal project of performing a song in front of the large crowd that attended. We performed our cover of the song “Flutter” by shoegaze artist Julie. We practiced all the way up until the hour before the show performance. 

Not only that but I proposed the idea of putting on makeup and costumes to make us stand out and to give us an edge that would make us look cool in front of everyone. While I was in charge of making the cybernetic costume pieces for the arm and leg and playing the guitar, my partner was in charge of the singing and make-up.

Overall, despite rushing to get everything together, my partner and I were very pleased with our performance and had fun going to our last ACE event as students. 

Art

Thanks for reading my article about me! For this last section, I want to display my art.