The Alternative Times

Breaking news written by the ACE Journalism Class and our friends

Breaking News
  • April 23Very Important Date - Saturday, May 11th is Joe Pepin Day at ACE
  • September 22Follow us on X/TWITTER and get our articles first! @acealttimes

The Alternative Times

The Alternative Times

ACE students enjoy a day at UCONN attending a Stock Market simulation.
The Stock Trip
April 4, 2024
ACE students at NVCC learning about  EMT work as a possible career path.
NVCC Trip
April 2, 2024
Joannes door for Womens History Month
FLEX Update
April 2, 2024
Support Us
$160
$800
Contributed
Our Goal
Archives

ACE Plans for Holiday Break

Dayanara Ramos Burgos
This is one of the Christmas trees put up inside ACE.

Winter break is a time where family, friends, teachers and students are able to spend time away from school and work and be able to come together with family and friends to celebrate Christmas and new years with each other. We interviewed teachers and students at ACE to know what their holiday plans for break were and here’s what they had to tell us.

Rodney, a  teacher at ACE says “’I’m very excited for break because I get to spend time with the family and with my grandkids. I’m also happy to get a break from work.”  When we asked where he was going to spend the holidays, Rodney mentioned he stays home while his family comes over to celebrate. “We cook and have dinner every year while we give each other ideas on what to make next.” Rodney also mentioned he celebrates the holidays because it’s a tradition of his religion! He looks forward to spending time with his grandchildren. He told us how much he loves them and that he will only be giving gifts to them this holiday.

Brianna, a student at ACE said she will be spending her Christmas break and New Years at home with her family. She mentioned  that her favorite holiday activities are relaxing at home, baking cookies, decorating the house and prepping for Christmas and New Years. When we asked who she would be giving gifts to she said, “I will only be giving gifts to  those who give me one and my family.” She added, “I’m actually excited to get a break.” Brianna, like many others from ACE, enjoys spending their time with their family after a long semester of schoolwork. She celebrates the holiday as a part of family tradition. She claims “we like getting together and spending time with each other, and there are BONUS GIFTS!!”  

Daniela, an English teacher at ACE, is one of the most festive and kindest people you will ever meet. We had to include her into this article. Daniela told us she was looking forward to her break with her family because she values family time. This year Daniela will be traveling to Vermont and will be expecting to be visited from family this holiday season. We asked her what was the reason she celebrated the holidays which she then said that “there are religious reasons and also because the spirit of giving is very important to me! I like to share it and I love to give to others and hope to continue the tradition throughout time in my family.” Daniela is very excited to see her mom and daughters! 

These were a few holiday break plans from those at ACE this year. Many people look forward to having time for themselves and spending the holidays with their family  without having to worry about school or work!!!

Gingerbread people created by the ACE students to decorate our school. (Haley Sanchez)