Talents At ACE by Daniel Freitas

ACE is a place of many talents. Most of the students that attend the school have magnificent musical abilities. The students that attend ACE love to express the way they feel in a variety of ways. Some of the students at ACE love to write poetry, some love to sing, and some even like to dance. ACE believes the only way to get to the students and help them on their journey through life is by letting the students express the way they feel.

Everyone has their own different way of expressing themselves. At the end of the school year ACE has its annual Coffee House where the students from ACE sign up to read poetry, show artwork, dance or sing. The community comes to join the students in hearing what they have to say and watching how deeply someone can really express the way that they feel. It always ends up being a great success.

Most of the new students that came to ACE this year are very talented. Desiree Scott who is on the DHS dance team but attends ACE says “I love to dance, it helps me get my mind off things.” There are many other students at ACE that also have talents such as, Kyle Hinderliter and Phoebe Ermert who play guitar, Mariya McCrea and Jessica Coates who dance, and Odeillia Ritter who has a passion for singing.

I myself have been singing for most of my life. It was a way for me to express the way I was feeling about things that I was going through in my early childhood. But singing was the only thing that I was doing; I did a lot of writing also. Most kids these days write a lot of poetry because it’s hard to talk to other people about situations that are occurring. Jessica Coates who was on the dance team last year says, “I love to entertain people and put on a show, it makes me feel good about myself.”