The Alternative Times

Breaking news written by the ACE Journalism Class and our friends

Breaking News
  • April 23Very Important Date - Saturday, May 11th is Joe Pepin Day at ACE
  • September 22Follow us on X/TWITTER and get our articles first! @acealttimes

The Alternative Times

The Alternative Times

ACE students enjoy a day at UCONN attending a Stock Market simulation.
The Stock Trip
April 4, 2024
ACE students at NVCC learning about  EMT work as a possible career path.
NVCC Trip
April 2, 2024
Joannes door for Womens History Month
FLEX Update
April 2, 2024
Support Us
$160
$800
Contributed
Our Goal
Archives

January ACE Graduates

Vennessa Ayala
Anthony giving his speech to denior Aniyah during the graduation ceremony.

At the Alternative Center for Excellence, the staff and students celebrate the early graduates: Genesis A, Aniyah H, Jason, Josh, Ceana, Brianna, and Haley who have completed all their credits in the first semester. The first semester ended on the 25th of January. They got this celebration because they graduated well ahead of schedule.  This is possible with Anthony (Geometry and Algebra teacher) pushing John (principal) to do this celebration every year before their cap and gown graduation in June.

In the ACE building the ceremony was held in Anthony’s room during large guidance which is an original tradition of ACE getting the whole building together in a part of the school to help build its famous close community. The people who hosted the ceremony were Ariana and Genesis, two ACE upper-class students who had the task of introducing and introducing the graduates and the starting ceremony.

All the graduates’ guidance teachers prepared a speech for them about the time they have been here at ACE. “We shared so many moments with the graduated students, I can’t pick one as each one of them I shared a deep connection with them,” DJ the school social worker commented.

John commented on the tradition saying “This tradition started before I got here and I’ve been working for 20 years. I’m not going to stop it.” Our past alumni question love that we keep these ACE traditions and they’re glad to know that so many traditions are still with us.

We need to celebrate these students as they do the same work as the other high school students. The second-semester cap and gown students have worked extra hard and deserve a chance to be celebrated.