The Alternative Times

Breaking news written by the ACE Journalism Class and our friends

Breaking News
  • April 23Very Important Date - Saturday, May 11th is Joe Pepin Day at ACE
  • September 22Follow us on X/TWITTER and get our articles first! @acealttimes

The Alternative Times

The Alternative Times

Support Us
$160
$800
Contributed
Our Goal
Archives

Importance of Preschool

This is a picture of a New York preschool classroom. The teacher is reading a book to the students which is important for a children’s educational development skills. ( NYC preschool enrollment website)

British educator Samuel Wilderspin was the founder/ creator of preschool. Samuel Wilderspin created preschool because he felt it would decrease crime in children when they grow up because it would give them some sense of education and knowing what’s right and what’s wrong. It’s also really to just teach young children and prepare them for the future and any upcoming education. Samuel created this school in Spitalfields, London, in 1819. Wilderspin would teach the children by giving hands-on lessons; this means lessons that would involve the students to complete something as well. For example, he would make students trace out the alphabet and numbers. This is the best way children learn because it’s very engaging and it sits in the memory better.

It gives children a sense of organization and time. They learn little tasks like washing their hands, tying their shoes, helping themselves and also others, and putting on clothing like zip-ups and button-ups

According to interviews done at ACE, it shows that 80% of the have attended preschool. Khrisselynn, Aniyah, T, Dayanara, and Haley all attended preschool except for Navari but they all think preschool is necessary. They all agree it gives you a head start in life and opens your eyes and mind intellectually. Children need certain things like being able to read to in order to develop successfully. Young children need to be taught the right things like how to treat others and do things the right way.

It gives children a sense of organization and time. They learn little tasks like washing their hands, tying their shoes, helping themselves and also others, and putting on clothing like zip-ups and button-ups. Everything can be a learning lesson for these little kids. When kids are young they are like sponges that soak up everything so the things you would want them to soak up are education and social skills so as they grow up they have a sense of the world.